10 best ways to maintain a healthy teeth
Maintaining a healthy teeth is the wish of almost every one of us. A sparkling white teeth boosts a person's self image and prestige, because you will have no fear or doubt in flaunting that wonderful smile of yours. But the big question that might be ringing in your mind is, "what are the best ways to achieve this purpose?" Most of you are already aware of the fact that brushing your teeth at least twice in a day is very essential in maintaining a healthy teeth, it should be you daily routine. But besides good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist, there are some simple things you can embark on daily so as to improve and maintain the health of your teeth.
Maintaining a proper oral hygiene does not only allow you to have that beautiful sparkling smile, it can also allow you to avoid toothaches and gum diseases which can eventually lead to other problems in your body, such as an increased risk of heart disease. Below are some simple ways you can keep your teeth strong and healthy.
Must read: Ways of taking proper care of your heart
10 simple and best ways you can maintain the health of your teeth
- Brush at least twice a day, preferably after meals and before bed.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day using slow and gentle sawing motion.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste that can help prevent tooth decay.
- You should change your toothbrush about every three months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Include sources of protein such as meat, eggs, fish, beans, dairy foods (ideally lower-fat options) an dother non-dairy sources of protein.
- Limit sugary, acidic foods and drinks to prevent tooth decay.
- Drink tea – both black and green tea contain polyphenols, or compounds that can destroy or limit bacteria growth. according to the University of Rochester Medical Center. Drinking tea can help prevent bacteria from producing acid that contributes to tooth decay.
- Chew sugarless gums after a meal can help to keep your mouth moist as well as stimulates saliva production, which washes bacteria away and neutralises acids.
- Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco as it can stain your teeth, cause bad breath, increases your risk of gum disease and oral cancer.
Also read: 5 food you should not avoid in your diet
10 best ways to maintain a healthy teeth Reviewed by Chibuzor Aguwa on 8/26/2016 10:13:00 am Rating: