6 natural remedies for acne
In the process of searching for various remedies for acne, many people have tried different skin care products and they ended up dissatisfied because they do not see the result that they wanted. It is important that we should know that solutions to most of our health problems lies in various natural remedies. Let us go back to nature, and at the same time try to maintain or balance a favourable health condition in our internal system.
Acne have been a health issue of the skin for a long period of time now. Majority of its manifestation is as a result of hormonal imbalance, unhealthy foods, and less detoxification from our system. Have you exhausted every single option in the books you have read that talks about various ways of eliminating acne, without acquiring your desired result? Below are some few natural remedies for acne that will make you to achieve a smooth and healthy skin within a short period of time.
Natural remedies for acne
1. Eat to clear your skin
In order to achieve a clear skin, follow these healthy eating tips:
- Know the various foods that are capable of aggravating acne and try as much as possible to eliminate them from your diets. Such foods includes; sugar, gluten, dairy, refined grains, vegetable oils and processed foods in general. These processed foods and ingredients displace healthy, nutrient dense foods, which help in healing the skin and balance the underlying causes contributing to acne. Regular consumption of high sugar and carbohydrate in general can promote hyperinsulinaemia and insulin resistance, which eventually leads to an increases in androgen hormones causing oily, clogged skin.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit, you should also endeavour to keep fruit to a barest minimum and avoid just eating tropical sweet fruit. Fructose behaves the same as sucrose or sugar.
- Eat quality grass fed animal protein in the form of eggs and meat, which contain more anti-inflammatory omega oils, and also choose to eat wild, non-farmed fish and seafood.
- Eat plenty of antimicrobial and blood purifying fresh herbs such as parsley, coriander, basil, thyme, oregano and sage.
2. Drink to clear your skin
Just the same way you eat to have a clear skin, you should also consider drinking for a clearer skin too. Follow these few simple tips
- Consider drinking certain herbal teas, they will not only hydrate your body but will deliver important healing constituents with every cup.
- Try making use of some anti-inflammatory herbs, such as Burdock root or leaf (Arctium lappa), it is best for boils, sores and inflammatory conditions. Drink 1 teaspoon per cup of boiled water 3 times per day.
- Echincaea root (Echinacea angustifolia or E. purpurea) is a potent anti- infective indicated for acne. Drink 1 teaspoon per cup of boiled water 3 times per day.
3. Detox impurities
The skin is known to be the largest organ of elimination. We sweat out toxins and impurities through the skin. If the other organs of elimination and detoxification are compromised this may congest the skin. You can use a herbal tonic or tea to promote detoxification through the bowels, liver, lymphatic and urinary systems.
4. Less ingredients is better skincare
Are you aware with the fact that many ingredients found in your beauty products are comedogenic, which means they clog pores? And that over washing your skin can actually dry out and irritate it even more, which worsens your acne and triggers future breakouts. you should make use of gentle, chemical free products that support the skin’s natural health function when you are addressing the underlying cause of your acne.
Read also: How to take care of your skin
5. Intestinal flora is king
Would you believe that constipation and the reabsorption of toxins have been linked to acne? Poor gut (or intestinal) flora health due to an overgrowth of bacteria or pathogenic infection can cause constipation as well as intestinal pereability and overall poor immune health. Intestinal permeability allows the influx of unwanted material or toxins into the blood stream. Intestinal flora health make up two-third of your immune system. So you can see how vital it is to create and maintain a healthy gut. For chronic acne associated with constipation see your health care professional and request for a comprehensive stool test to assess gut flora health and microbial imbalance.
Consume a diet rich in healthy probiotic foods such as cultured vegetables and drinks, made from non-dairy ingredients. Kombucha and sauerkraut are two examples. Yoghurt is completely left out of this.
6. Maintain your hormones
An excess production of androgen hormones can trigger excess oil production leading to clogged pores and breakouts. Avoid sugar and excess carbohydrates to start with and have your hormones tested by you healthcare practitioner. If the pill has helped clear your acne then a hormonal imbalance is one most likely contributing cause.
Avoid exogenous sources of hormones, which act as endocrine disruptors. They are mostly man-made, found in various materials such as pesticides, metals, additives or contaminants in food as well as personal care products. As the name suggests they disrupt the endocrine or hormone system. They increase the production of certain hormones; decrease the production of others; imitate hormones; interfere with hormone signaling; compete with essential nutrients; bind to essential hormones and accumulate in organs that produce hormones. Bisphenol A found in plastics and pesticides found in non-organic foods, are two examples.
Balance your stress as stress hormone cortisol can be disruptive to general hormone balance, creates more inflammation and increases your requirements for extra nutrients.
Give these few simple, natural remedies for acne a try. The satisfactory result that you ever wanted my just be in your door step. Your contribution to this post will be greatly cherished. Feel free to drop some few words in the comment box below.
6 natural remedies for acne Reviewed by Chibuzor Aguwa on 4/23/2016 01:44:00 pm Rating: